Canadian Business Women
TRADE MISSION TO BRAZIL
The Honourable Dr. K. Kellie Leitch, Canada’s Minister of Labour and Minister of Status of Women, on behalf of the Honourable Ed Fast, Minister of International Trade, will lead a trade mission of Canadian business women to São Paulo, Brazil between May 17-20, 2015.
This multi-sector trade mission to Brazil will help women-led Canadian businesses, especially small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), take advantage of the opportunities available to them in one of the world’s fastest-growing economies.
Trade missions open doors, facilitate business-to-business contacts, and provide on-the-ground support for Canadians looking to expand their companies globally.
Women exporters can also count on the support of the Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) – including the Business Women in International Trade program and Canada’s trade promotion agencies: Export Development Canada, the Business Development Bank of Canada and the Canadian Commercial Corporation.
While in São Paulo, Minister Leitch also participated in the 2015 Global Summit of Women. At the Summit, she led a panel of her international counterparts focussing on improving women’s economic prosperi
Brazil has many opportunities for Canadian businesses:
- São Paulo is the largest financial centre in Brazil;
- Brazil’s IT market is the largest in Latin America;
- An estimated 80% of all life science products used in Brazilian hospitals are imported;
- The number of students in Brazil is estimated at 55 million, and there are a number of opportunities for Canadian businesses in the areas of technical/vocational training, as well as e-learning tools; and,
- Brazil is an agriculture powerhouse in need of new technologies.
- Agriculture and Agri-food Products
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
- Life Sciences
More information: http://www.cfc-swc.gc.ca/initiatives/mission/index-en.html
Source: Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada