By Mauricio Dreher
The Government of Canada is committed to offering electronic services to Canadians so that they can quickly and easily access their information and complete their online transactions.
My Account for Individuals and My Service Canada Account offer Canadians self-service options to update and manage your tax and benefit affairs online anytime.
My Account for Individuals (CRA – Canada Revenue Agency)
The CRA’s My Account allows you to:
• view your tax return,
• track your refund,
• check your benefit and credit payments,
• view your RRSP limit,
• view your TFSA limit,
• setup direct deposit,
• receive online mail,
To be able to have access all this information you should register at:
After registering, you may also:
• change your address,
• phone number,
• start, update or stop Direct Deposit,
• print your Notice of Assessment (a requirement by Banking Institutions for loans and mortgages),
• print your T4’s, T4E, T4A, T4AP, T4OAS,
• view your tax returns,
• view your Capital Gains carry forward,
• view Non-Capital Losses carry forward,
• view Federal and Provincial Tuition previously applied and Carry Forwards amounts,
• view Home Buyers Plan, Lifetime Learner Plan Repayment amounts,
• view Installment Amounts,
• apply for Family Benefits,
• view GST Credit quarterly amounts to be received,
• view monthly Child Benefit Credit Amounts to be received, and
• view Disability Tax credit for self or other dependents eligibility and start date.
My Service Canada Account (ESDC – Employment and Social Development Canada)
My Service Canada Account (MSCA) provides access to view and update your information for:
• Employment Insurance (EI),
• Canada Pension Plan (CPP), and
• Old Age Security (OAS).
To be able to have access to all this information you should register at:
As you may see above, these two web sites are very important for you to have up-to-date information about taxes, benefits, retirement, etc., so you should register yourself and your whole family as soon as you finish reading this article.
The statements contained herein are based on material intended for general information purposes only. Where such statements are based in whole or in part on information provided by third parties, they are not guaranteed to be accurate or complete. This information is not intended to provide specific personalized advice including, without limitation, investment, financial, legal, accounting or tax advice.
• CRA – Canada Revenue Agency – www.cra-arc.gc.ca/myaccount/
• ESDC – Employment and Social Development Canada –