Celebrating Brazilian Culture – Feel the passion
by Leila Monteiro Lins
The 12th annual Toronto International BrazilFest is scheduled to take place on Sunday, July 19th, from 11 am to 10 pm at Earlscourt Park.
Toronto International BrazilFest is commemorating and participating in the Pan Am Games 2015 celebrations taking place in the City of Toronto. Our theme this year is of “Life Balance” – “Equilíbrio Entre a Vida”.
Being the largest country in South America, Brazil has a mixture of cultures providing an eclectic event to the city of Toronto. The Toronto International BrazilFest is the best outdoor Brazilian event in the city according to the Brazilian Top Choice Award Association. This success is attributable to the passion and energy expressed by the Brazilian community through their abilities and talents.
Brazilian music is famous and popular around the world. Join the Brazilians July 19th, at to see and hear the music and dance performers live and where you sing- along and dance with the sounds from the different regions of the country Brazil.
The Toronto International BrazilFest offers the possibility to try the original Brazilian cocktail called Caipirinha, plus barbecue, tropical juices, and other typical foods made by Brazilians.
• Batucada Carioca – Toronto’s most authentic Rio de Janeiro style samba group;
• Pedro Quental – Directly from Brazil (Singer, composer & performer) – Monobloco.
• Capoeira Malês (Brazilian Martial Art)
• Too Many Chiefs Band (Pop Rock)
• Samba Jess (Dancers)
• T.DOT.BATU (Samba Reggae)
This year’s festival also features our special guests,
singers and dancers on the “TALENT SHOW “
• Jakson Borgat (Sertanejo)
• Camila Espinhara (MPB)
• My City Records – Semedo, Crossbow & Govnah (Rap)
• Eduarda Rocha (Samba Dance)
• Danilo and Leonardo (Sertanejo)
• Julie and Julian (Dancers)
• Ronan Darzi – Directly from Brazil (Fingerstyle Guitar)
Featuring special guest who will take you through Amazing day!
• Yara Vasconcelos – MC Host
• Denzel Neto – MC Host
• DJ – Simba
When: July 19th, 2015
Where: Earlscourt Park (1200 Lansdowne Ave, Toronto )
Hours: from 11 am to 10 pm